
I was four years old when I went to the the first "Star Wars" in the movie theater with my dad and two brothers (not sure why Suzie didn't come... it must have been since she was a girl!). I was so excited! I talked and asked questions the entire time. At one point Chris threatened to get the guy with the flashlight to kick me out of the theater! After the movie we made lightsaber and spaceship sounds all the way to the car.
Ian and Trevor were oddly really quiet through the whole film. They did really enjoy it though! Both boys made the required cool lightsaber sounds all the way to the car!
As far as a review of the movie from a parent's perspective... it was definitely aimed at kids. Lots of battles, snappy one liners and characters that try too hard to have "spunk" or "attitude". I was disappointed that it didn't have any of the deeper themes that the original three "Star Wars" movies had. Whether it be believing in yourself or knowing right from wrong. It is possible to have deeper meaning attached to kids movies. "Kung-Fu Panda" or "Wall-E" are both excellent examples of this. Lucas has really strayed far from what made his original trilogy special.
Oh and by the way... the soundtrack was awesome! They used John Williams original theme for the opening credits but the rest was new music. It had a lot of asian influences and drumming. Very cool!
Future Jedi Knights Ian and Trevor making lightsaber sounds.

Well that is all for now. Hi to everybody in blogland! (cue Star Wars end credit music) dun dun dun DUN!
5 comments:
Ian has been playing Star Wars all afternoon-I especially liked my force field crown that he made out of K'nex for me.
Connor does need a break halfway-I wonder if they shouldn't do bathroom breaks like in the old drive-ins? That would be perfect for kids and certain adults who tank up on Dr. Pepper.
Ian was the quietest I've heard all weekend.
Good idea about a break in the middle of movies. I have got to stop getting Dr. Pepper when I go the movies.
Yes Ian did not stop talking all day Saturday. I was very surprised that he didn't talk at all during the movie. Maybe we should go see a movie next Saturday...
yes it was surprising to learn after watching a movie you might immatate words or sounds :) Fun that you guys made a family day of it- so were you and Cindy just as excited as the boys before the start of it?
Sounds like it was a good day... and of course I always love seeing pictures of your boys and my great nephew.
I love how serious they look in that last photo!
Post a Comment