Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Linda! July 25!

Hi! Welcome to my first blog. Today is my lovely wife Linda's Birthday! Terri offered me the use of her blog Theresa's Life to honor Linda but she also suggested I use my own. Linda has been encouraging me to blog since she started blogging. Apparently I like to tell really long stories. She has mentioned this to me at least once or twice a week for the past year. I am mostly just putting up some fun pictures for this first post.

This first picture is at Norrie Point off the Hudson River just before I proposed. Linda is quiet by nature but she speaks her mind. She is a very strong woman that I am lucky enough to be married to. She keeps all of us laughing at our house and is really fun to be around.




Our first picture after getting engaged. Linda has a wonderful smile and brightens the room when she is there. (Yes I know that is really sappy!)




In 1998 Linda ran the New York City Marathon. She trained for three months and finished the 26 mile run strong. Go Team Snoopy!
Linda in Ecuador with her cousins in 2001. She had a great time there with tons of family and went again back in 2002.


In 2001 we moved to Arizona. Linda was incredibly supportive of me getting my masters degree. She is always thinking of other people. This is her on the hiking trail in Sedona.




Linda loves taking pictures and blog about them. Her blog is these are the days . (If you are reading this you probably know that already.) She used to do a lot of scrapbooking and that has evolved into her blog. It was pretty hard to find pictures of just her because she has been the only one behind the camera for the last two years. But I just got my own camera so... watch out!



I was practicing with my new camera. This is Linda being silly.


This is Linda being serious.



But she is the real photagrapher in our home. Here are a few of my favorite pictures that she has taken of our sons. I don't think she has ever left the house without her camera. I tease her about this a lot but she really does get great pictures.

Connor at the park glowing with happiness.



Connor asleep. Linda has a knack for getting real life shots of the boys.

Me and Connor last summer. What are we looking at? Who knows... Linda has a great eye for good pictures.



A very excited Ian at the Fourth of July Parade in 2006.


Ian trotting off into the distance in Flagstaff.

Here is one lucky shot of Linda and Ian that I took in Houson TX while we where visiting Jesse and Tewlyn. There is that same awesome smile!




Linda is a wonderful person. A loving wife and mother. We have been together for fourteen years and married for almost nine. She is the anchor and heart of our family. Happy Birthday Linda!

15 comments:

Linda Murphy said...

I almost forgot it was my birthday until I got to my computer. 3* is off to a great start and I had no idea this would be a birthday tribute to me. Wow. It's a little disarming to see so many pictures of myself in one spot.

Thank you Pup for all of your sweetness and love. This is the best birthday present, which is good because I couldn't think of one. (besides a pool, did we get anywhere on that?!?-just kidding!)

I love you!

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday Linda!!!! and all it took to get Thomas to blog was your birthday! You two are such a loving couple it warms my heart :)

To thomas, I love the name of your blog it made me snicker- look forward to many new and old ramblings:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linda,
We all can't say enough good things about you, I am so glad you are in our family and You are the best!!!!

Love and Happy Birthday again.
Sheila

bobbie said...

I love Linda's blog, and have great expectations for yours. You're off to a great start!

Unknown said...

Linda is an amazing girl, alright and you are very lucky! Welcome to the Blogosphere and...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LINDA!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting Jess and me to view your blog. What a great way to keep up each other's lives. Sorry I've been so out of the loop. I wanna catch up soon! Miss you, Linda and the boys!

Love, Tew

Dianne said...

Well finally!! As an adopted member of the family I knew I didn't have the right to nag but I was going to eventually.

I love the Led Zeppelin line - perfect, it suits you.

It's so great to see all these photos of Linda. She just shines!! And you're not so bad looking yourself kid :)

Every time I see youse guys I feel like I've been hugged.

Happy Birthday Linda!

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, that is so sweet! I just love Linda (as far as I know her from her blog! ;-)) She does have a gorgeous smile. I hope she had a great birthday!

She takes gorgeous photos of you and the boys. I just got a chuckle going through them. So cute!

Raven said...

What a fine tribute to your wonderful wife. I've read enough of your comments on Linda's blog to know you can write. I'm looking forward to more posts. Lots of wonderful pictures here. I love the one of Connor peaking out from behind the yellow whatever.

Great that you have a new camera! Soon you'll be carrying it everywhere too and Linda will be able to tease you back.

Belated Happy Birthday to Linda and happy Blog Birth to you.

Jeni said...

I started following your Sister-in-Law's blog late last summer or early fall I think and she, in turn, introduced me to your wife -and you and the boys by way of her blog too! Glad you took the plunge into blogland -it's really a lot of fun and you get to communicate with people from all over the world.
And finally, your first post, a beautiful tribute to your lovely wife, was fantastic!

Unknown said...

Hey Tom, I like your blog. I agree Linda is awesome.

Aunt Sooooz said...

Nice job on the blog!! What a beautiful tribute to your wonderful wife. Love the title too. You and I definitely inherited the talking gene!! If there was a Talk Olympics, you would get the Gold Medal and I would take the Silver Medal! xoxo

Kristen Murphy said...

What a thoughtful birthday present. Nice job Thomas and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!

Theresa said...

hey rambler- time for a new post, it's been a week- your new found audience wants to hear ramblings!!!

13 comments and counting on your first posting pretty impressive-I only got 1 and that was Linda- so see your fans already love you!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Terri, I second the motion. When will we see the next blog. I'm waiting

Love
Mom